Woman Doctor Association Tamilnadu Annual Conference 2019 15th September 2019 at The Checkers Hotel, Saidapet Chennai
A well attended meeting this year, which was called to order by the secretary
A wide range of topics were covered
Dr.Ranita Lourdhurajan – spoke on skin care and changes under the title “Aging gracefully – role of a dermatologist”
Dr Seetha V – elaborated the impact of “Developmental delays in childhood & its impact”
Dr Nappinai Seran beautifully sewed her lecture around women’s psychological status “Living in compromise – a psychological compromise women make and impact on her health”
Dr Sabitha.V enumerated the present issues troubling society “To sleep or To Tweet inbed social media a public health concern”
Dr.Vijaylakshmi Balakrishnan – enlightened the audience with the evolving immunisation practise “Newer vaccines in practise”
Dr Muthuchitra exchanged views another current day issue of ”Obstructive Sleep apnoea“
A very enlightening panel discussion on “Life Style Diseases-a burden “ moderated by Dr Nandita Thakkar which encompassed a spectrum of panelists –
- Dr.Meenakshi Bajaj (Dietician )
- Dr.Ambika.R (Yoga and naturopathy)
- Dr.Neha Shah(Bariatric surgeon)
- Dr.SripriyaHaridoss (physician)
Workshop- in collaboration with Society of Emergency Medicine of India (SEMI)
Dr S Saravana kumar and Dr Syed Adil were moderators of the workshop
“ Common emergencies and Basic life support” Airway obstruction, Basic life supports, Anaphylaxis management, Acute onset altered sensorium management, Cardiac arrest rhythm identification and defibrillation , Open session on management of common emergencies.
Free paper presentations were done by students, teaching faculty and practioners . Our judges were faculty from teaching hospitals –
Dr UmaDevi, Dr Sripriya Haridoss and Dr A R Malathy Prizes were distributed to the winners
- Remission Of Diabetes Through A Remotely Managed 100 Day Gamified lifestyle Modification Approach – Ayesha Fathima
- Mixed connective disorder – Divya Prabha
- Plant brainstem – Priyanka.P.S
- Neuromyelitis optica and pregnancy -Case report Sahana.S
- Crippling Paralysis-Serpentine Stripe In Spinal Cord-Devices Disease – Saisindhusingh
- Mysterous veins-Miscellaneous Webs. – Sarika
- Wonder world of millets-An ancient nutrient – Dr Sudharani Micheal
- Spinomuscular Atrophy And Seizure -A Rare Entity – VibujaElangovan
- A study on knowledge and attitude about organ donation among medical students in private medical college – DR Vidhya.M
- Vaccine Hesitancy Study – Sahan, Dr Vijayalakshmi Balakrishnan
- Alzheimer Disease – Alekya
Lighting of the lamp and the invocation song marked the beginning of the formal inauguration of the conference.
Welcome address by the president Dr M L Shyamla
The association has 2 endowments which are given to the recipients on this occasion
Ms Malathi Endowment :
The recipient of this award Ms.Neeraja Mallik
“Not A Survivor, But A Conqueror” has been her motto to embrace life with love , positivity and laughter. Her pivotal role of being an “INSPIRER” in the support group of cancer patients has brought a new outlook to all those who have connected with her.
Mr Kasirajan Endowment and oration:
The recipient this year was Dr Sathya Jegananthan MD, MPH. To a unique person with humane qualities Her innovative skill and knowledge, to utilise the material available has revolutionised, the definition of newborn care in a low resource setting . Her dedication and commitment in the field of Neonatology is highly appreciated and she has set a unique platform for many to improve and take her ideas forward.
At the general body meeting, suggestion were invited from the members.
Elections held and the new team was formed for the next 2 years
|Dr. S.Swayam Jothi