Woman Doctor Association Tamilnadu
Annual Conference held on 30 July 2023 at Kings Hotel Egmore
The annual conference of the year had 4 sessions
IMMUNISATION WHAT IS NEW
Paediatrics – Dr S Balasubramanium
Adult – Dr Vidyalakshmi Devarajan
PANEL DISCUSSION – MANAGEMENT OF FOREIGN BODIES
Moderator : Dr A. Anandi Panelists : Dr B Pramila , Dr S Velmurugan,
Dr F. Anthony Irudhayarajan, Dr B Satya Priya
Aging and Dementia – Dr K. Bhanu
Notification of Medico Legal Cases – Dr Shaik Manzoor Eilahi
Session 3 – WDA plenary session
Started with the invocation song by Dr Sudha with the lighting of the lamp.
Dr M L Shyamala- delivered the President’s address.
The recipient for this year was – Mrs Shanthi Socrates M.Com,M.Ed – Founder & President
Sanju Women’s Welfare Association (SWWA)
For her relentless work through her foundation SWWA – towards a vision of “World peace
and Green Peace”
A mission path to make each one’s world a better place by providing economic opportunities and awareness to women and youth to bring out the best potential within them.
Thiru S.T. Kasirajan Oration
The recipient was Dr.A.JAISHREE GAJARAJ, DGO, MD, MRCOG, FRCS (Ed), FRCOG
She encompasses within her a multifaceted dynamism of being an outstanding clinician, a
passionate obstetrician and gynecologist working dedicatedly in the field of women’s
health, an ardent innovative teacher and an amazing floraphile.
Wise investments for professionals – Dr Kumaresh
Newer Drugs in the management of Diabetes Mellitus – Dr Nanditha Arun
Panel discussion on Diabetes
Moderator – Dr Uma devi Panelist : Dr Hemchand Prasad, Dr Uma Ram , Dr Vasuki R,
- There 7 paper presentations from postgraduates and 11 posters from undergraduate
Monish Goghul T -Autoimmune thyroid disorder and autoimmune thrombocytopenia –
APS TYPE 3D
- Harine A S – A Case of Compound heterozygous Sickle cell Beta Thalaseemia
- Balu Mahendran M -A case of aggressive locally advanced breast cancer treated
successfully with multiple disciplinary treatment
- Sakthimurugan S – A rare case of chondroma of nasal septum
- MUTHUKUMARASAMY THIYAGARAJAN – A Case of DYKE-DAVIDOFF-MASSON
- Rajasudha.R -A Study to assess the association between Metacognition and Obesity
among adult females of age above 30 years attending a Tertiary care center in Chennai
- Alekhya Vemula – Nasopharyngeal carcinoma- Rare clinical presentation
- PARTHASSARATHY A – A Case of Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein Antibody-
- Arun R – “A DOUBLE WHAMMY OF THE LUNG – A CASE REPORT”- SILICO-
- Haritha.S – A case of unusual foreign body nasopharynx
- Nikisha A – Psychosocial impact of Infertility on Women in a Tertiary health center in
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Preethi.S – An Interesting case of Stones-Primary hyperparathyroidism complicating
- M.MANJU – Unveiling the spectrum of cardiac disease complicating pregnancy: A
comprehensive exploration of maternal and fetal outcomes.
- Renugadevi P – An Interesting case of Myocardial Infarction following Anaphylaxis-
- Dr. Y. Ooha Dharani – A study on Obstetric cholestasis — feto-maternal outcomes.
- Dr. Agasthiaram – A case of spindle cell neoplasam in parapharyngeal space
- Dr. M. Suthakaran – An Interesting case of SICCA
- Dr Roselin – Role of midlife and beyond application – in assessing type & severity,
prevalence of menopause symptoms
The participants were given certificates and the winners were cash prizes.
At the general body meeting which was conducted:
Secretary’s report for the activities from Nov 2022 – July 23.
Treasurer’s report was read out
The new team took charge of the office for the year 2023 – 2025
President: Dr Ranjana Kumari Vice –President: Dr Nandita Thakkar
Secretary: Dr Sudha A Joint Secretary Dr Malathy
Treasurer: Dr Mageshwari
Dr Sripriya Dr Sivakami Dr Namita Dr Hemachandrika
Dr Banupriya Dr Anandhi Dr Akila Ayyapan Dr Hephzibah K
Dr Nirmala Ponambalam Dr Shyamala M L
Dr Sumitra Shanmugam Dr Vanajakshi Dr Shaanthy Gunasingh